soap's color fades away. please help.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickedter

Reaction score
hello,
im suffering this problem for quite a while. after pressing a soap into a shape i want. the picture shown the problem i found. The color fades away. but the soap from the same mold which wasn't pressed by a pressing machine are still ok. that means color doesn't fade away. but a color from pressed soap fade away and the surface keeps drying day by day.

attachment.php

problem.jpg

I don't think anyone else here uses a soap press so it might be hard to help you. Is it possible the high pressure is squeezing the color out of areas? Can you press them at a bit lower pressure and see what happens.
If you were making HP soap, I would suggest the lighter spots are drier bits of soap but I don't know if that would apply to you.

I don't think anyone else here uses a soap press so it might be hard to help you. Is it possible the high pressure is squeezing the color out of areas? Can you press them at a bit lower pressure and see what happens.
If you were making HP soap, I would suggest the lighter spots are drier bits of soap but I don't know if that would apply to you.
thanks for you help. but we do a CP soap not HP. i also make some handmade soap. i'm really appreciated to your help

this soap was left about 1 week after pressing. but right after pressing. they look all OK. but the soap from the same mold. which is put outside a mold. the color doesn't fade

Latest posts

Back