Soaping Shed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Room for one soap or is it the Tardis :p.
cf4eabc29b2771be140046e299af00cc.jpg

Love the Garden Here
2ebf182385d464cd8e0ac3b58ff2d426.jpg

Or maybe Turd-is? I think there's barely enough room to do "your business" much less make a soap - but it is super cute!
As you can see, it's actually to keep your garden tools in, so would be good for someone with a courtyard.

Now that is what I would want at the end of the driveway for people to buy my stuff in :)

Well, more for the chicken eggs I have. But it is super cute but simple

So... this story might only be funny if you can imagine my face.....

BTW: we bought the house, I'm making do in the basement, and he has used the garage TWICE for welding since we moved in 17 months ago...

That is so funny! My husband and I were a bit opposite.. when we found our dream home, I immediately claimed the 14 x 20 shed, telling my husband, "no honey, that's not the She shed, that's going to be my Bee shed!" And now, it's filled with stuff we need to move, and I'm working towards moving out of the basement into a shed, studio, whatever, lol!! Between crafting, gardening, and bees, I could fill up our whole acre of land! I've already claimed the shed, some back yard space, space in the basement, and an office- I don't know how that man puts up with me, but I'm glad that he does!

So... this story might only be funny if you can imagine my face. When Chris and I were looking at houses, Chris and the realtor kept hounding me about looking at this house, and I wasn't having anything to do with it - it was on a busy road, I didn't want to be that close to the downtown area, blah blah blah... finally Chris forced me into it, by driving by the house. That's when I noticed "the shack": An old single stall garage, sitting perfectly alongside the back step. I'm rushing Chris and the realtor through the house just to get to this small garage. We got in there and oh my gosh! It was perfect. Just perfect for a soap studio, and so cute all in stucko with bright white trim, and cute windows. Right there I started planning out where stuff would go and what would need to be done... and then my husband breaks it to me that I can't have the garage, he needs it for his welding business BUT I can have the 90 sq. foot room in the basement. My face must have said something really bad, because the realtor very quickly stepped between us and said "Now, Sherry, what did you think of the kitchen - Did you see all the woodwork in the house - How about the fireplace - Please don't kill him here."

BTW: we bought the house, I'm making do in the basement, and he has used the garage TWICE for welding since we moved in 17 months ago...

Find a welding rod and hit him. Hit him where ever you can hit him until he agrees to let you have the shed for your soaping. I cant see it taking long for him to give into your attack.

This just reminded me of when i was looking for a house to buy and i went to look at a lovely flat ground floor bearing in mind its just me no animals at the time either. was a gorgeous flat it reaally was and although i dont drink except on rugby match days twice a month in the summer there was a lovely bar in a shed in the back garden which was absolutly immaculate not very big but they had done an absolutly wonderful job with it. well anyways what you have just said made me wish i had thought about it more so when i caught the soaping bug i could of set up shop in there. In all honesty the flat was small and although it was a good price wouldnt of been able to do anything to improve it or make it my own i wanted something bit bigger and that i could make my own and improve generally. oh and plus it was in what i found out later to be a pretty **** rough area so also glad i decided against it but would love a shed in the back garden with a little beehive on other side so i could watch them work away in relative safety from those darn stingers

That is so funny! My husband and I were a bit opposite.. when we found our dream home, I immediately claimed the 14 x 20 shed, telling my husband, "no honey, that's not the She shed, that's going to be my Bee shed!" And now, it's filled with stuff we need to move, and I'm working towards moving out of the basement into a shed, studio, whatever, lol!! Between crafting, gardening, and bees, I could fill up our whole acre of land! I've already claimed the shed, some back yard space, space in the basement, and an office- I don't know how that man puts up with me, but I'm glad that he does!

Yay another beekeeper :):):):):):) you wont shut me up now iv even got a t shirt to prove it bought for me by a friend i kept jokingly telling her that i wouldnt stop talking to her about beekeeping until she bought me that t-shirt not thinking she would ever take me seriously but after having a really bad week with my depression she bought it to try help cheer me up :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181211-021654_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20181211-021654_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:

My mum and dad have got what they call a summer house in thier back garden would make a perfect soaping shed just the right size to have things close by but spread out enough not to be clutered and has a stable type door so you could leave the lye solution to gas away without choking. They have 2 wooden sheds too but they would present a constant low hanging hazard for me definate concussion inducing for me they werent designed with a person 6 foot 3 in mind. the summer house doesnt have this issue nice high ceiling. Wish i could claim it for my soaping but i dont live at home anymore and might have lost interest after a 15 mile drive just to make soap. So ill have to stick to my spare room.

My mum and dad have got what they call a summer house in thier back garden would make a perfect soaping shed just the right size to have things close by but spread out enough not to be clutered and has a stable type door so you could leave the lye solution to gas away without choking. They have 2 wooden sheds too but they would present a constant low hanging hazard for me definate concussion inducing for me they werent designed with a person 6 foot 3 in mind. the summer house doesnt have this issue nice high ceiling. Wish i could claim it for my soaping but i dont live at home anymore and might have lost interest after a 15 mile drive just to make soap. So ill have to stick to my spare room.

But this way you would GET soap made AND visit the folks too ;)

Back