Vitamin E oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrayGrants

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what type of vitamin e oil I should be looking for to use in my lotion bars, as well as oils for soaping? Maybe @Zing can chime in here and shed some light. I seem to be finding oils in the 30,000 IU range. Is 100,000 IU 100% vitamin e oil, and is that what I need? Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Am I getting paged again? Okay, so no rest for the weary. Just kidding!

To be honest, I initially had no idea what you were asking. I just went and looked at my vitamin E bottles and to my surprise they had 32,000 IU on the label. I have no idea what that is. I buy vitamin E little bottles from Whole Foods grocery store.

I have not used vitamin E oil in soap, just lotion bars. I'm not an expert but read that it is a preservativea antioxidant. I use it at 1% in my batches of lotion bars.

Lotion bars are easy-peasy! I've made them without scent (1%) and without vitamin E oil (1%). I do 1/3 each of beeswax, butter, oil. Good luck and keep us updated!

Last edited:
I didn't realize it came in different concentrations, either. Or it is possibly just a difference in the size of the recommended dose?

Last edited:
A unit used to measure the activity of many vitamins, hormones, enzymes, and drugs. An IU is the amount of a substance that has a certain biological effect. For each substance there is an international agreement on the biological effect that is expected for 1 IU. Also called International Unit.

Well I ended up getting 100% vitamin e oil at the drug store as the only ingredient listed is tocopherol acetate and others available listed filler oils such as sunflower, jojoba, etc..

It is 70,000 IU for whatever that’s worth. It also was bogo so I should have plenty to use as I wish.

Latest posts

Back