Soap size

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilyJo

Reaction score
Loving getting back to soaping and I finally have a selection of new recipes that work for me and that I use daily.

My dilemma is I am in the final stages of choosing which 6-8 fragrances and colours to get assessed for sale but I keep changing my mind on designs - so I thought I would ask you lovely lot what works for you.

So,in your experience what feedback have you had on single bars vs loaf slices and/or textured tops vs high top (piped I.e. Royalty)? I love the look of piped soap in a loaf but not sure of it once its cut and I love single bars but not sure you get the same creativity.

What do you think, what works for you?

I make my soaps in loaf molds and cut them 1 1/4 inch thick. It just makes it easier personally. I don't pipe my soaps nor do I put organic matter on the soap. I do sprinkle with glitter. My tops are all pretty smooth. I like consistency. Plus it makes it easier to wrap and label.

Like the others, I cut 1-inch thick bars. When I was researching this topic some time back, I was shocked that a consumer actually did a video on preferred soap shape and size. The preferred shape was rectangular with a dimension of roughly 3 X 2 inches. My few friends who had tried my soaps appeared to also feel that way. I only made round soaps and many asked why I didn't do rectangular ones. The size they like is the same apx 3X2.

I have not done many textured soaps. However, I personally find them more desirable if the design comes out the portrait (NOT landscape) orientation.

Like the others, I cut 1-inch thick bars. When I was researching this topic some time back, I was shocked that a consumer actually did a video on preferred soap shape and size. The preferred shape was rectangular with a dimension of roughly 3 X 2 inches. My few friends who had tried my soaps appeared to also feel that way. I only made round soaps and many asked why I didn't do rectangular ones. The size they like is the same apx 3X2.

I have not done many textured soaps. However, I personally find them more desirable if the design comes out the portrait (NOT landscape) orientation.

Interesting; I would expect people to be interested in the newer shapes of soap. Did the research say if the orientation of the rectangle soap mattered? ie. upright like a tall and skinny, or sideways like a bar of Ivory?

That is very interesting.

Latest posts

Back