soap shred as decoration

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAS

Reaction score
I posted a picture here -
http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewto ... as&start=0
where the discussion was what to do with soap scraps. I got a pm from one of our members asking a question and I thought I would answer here. Her questions were:
1. Do you grate all of the confetti pieces? Some are straight in thin, straight and thick, or curved.
No, I don't grate all my soap. When I grate I use my cusinart, but I find that a vegetable peeler works very well and gives you thinner and longer pieces. I also chunk up some of my soap, as well as doing some french fry type pieces.

2. And the placement of the green pieces are so artistic. Is that by chance, or do you put them in place?
I just throw the scrap pieces into the soap oils (before the lye), then add the lye and hand stir. If you use a SB you will get sort of a "measled" look.
Hope that answers some of you questions.
TAS

Thanks for that TAS - I remember admiring your soap from that thread and can now use my scraps too! I have some grated bits and some "vege-peeled" bits already sitting in my curing cupboard - yay!

Tanya :)

Back