Soap Recipe Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagesoaper

Reaction score
My question is whether my soap recipe will come out okay when I unmold it. Never made soap before and I dont want it to be a disaster. This is the recipe.

101.74g Shea Butter
101.74g Olive Oil Pomace
104.71g Lye
447.64g Palm Kernel Flakes
234.15g Distilled Water
10g Sodium Lactate

Welcome to the forum.

I personally would not make this formula.

Your cleansing is way too high (42) for most and there's only approximately a 2% superfat. Palm Kernel Flakes (68.71%) are cleansing like Coconut Oil. Unless you mean Palm Oil.

So, can you clarify that it is indeed PKO and not just Palm Oil.

A well rounded recipe with a 2% SF isn't too bad but yours will be extremely drying to most peoples skin and not pleasant to use.

I totally agree with Shari, this soap will be much too drying for most folks if you are using Palm Kernel and not Palm Oil. Palm Kernel Oil is used as a replacement for Coconut Oil to add lather, all soap cleanses, or with CO. I personally split CO/PKO 50/50 not over a total of 17-18% and never use OO. But many seem to love OO. I will say your soap will have lots and lots of bubbles, but it will not last long. It will be a very soluble short life soap. :tub:

Back