Soap Pot weekend Oct 24-26

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
Whatcha' making?

We are putting together a Haunted House! Each year approx 2000 trick or treaters descent upon historic, downtown looking for Halloween fun! This is our 3rd year w/ the shop & our 3rd haunted house. No gore, just witches, spiders, mummies, etc. It's a whole lot of fun & since Halloween is in just 6 days, we thought we better get started :shock: .

Nothin' like the last minute huh?

My hubby and son are getting ready to carve their pumpkin and I asked them to save the 'meat' for me so that I can make some soap from it. I can't wait to get started. Nothing fancy. Just fun for me. :lol: I'm gonna have pumpkin, yogurt, coconut milk and avocado oil all included.

I had plans for experimenting more with bath bombs, lip stuff, and of course soap. Unfortunately, my DH has decided to brew a batch of beer and take over the kitchen :cry:

Of course, that means we are going to have good beer in the house again! :lol: I gave him a kegging system for his B-day yesterday, so at least now, we don't have to wait for THAT to cure as long as my CP :roll:

Yum to the beer & yum to the pumpkin, yogurt, coconut milk and avocado oil soap!

Nothing for me this weekend.
We are having our annual memorial party for my brother who passed away 5 years ago of cancer. Every year a group of his life-long friends gets together and we celebrate his life. :) and :( at the same time.
Everyone should be here within the hour. We'll drink, look at pictures, videos, toast him and tell fun stories of our time together. Even though it's a sad reason for getting together, it's always a good time and we are always glad we did it. :)

anyway, next weekend my pot will be buzzing again. :)

I have to label what seems like a million bars of soap sometime before the 15th. Finished up my homework today and got the girls costumes. Mallory's going to be a witch and of course Vannah's going to be a princess. We had a soccer game this morning (last one of the season).

Done making all my soap for the craft show and just got an order for a whole log of my chocolate soap :D I'll make that sometime next week. I think we're going to carve pumpkins (well actually Jon and I will carve and the girls will lose interest after about 5 minutes).

Yesterday I gave my sample group their first sample (a yellow clay mask with EOs) and at their suggestion created a community journal for them today to post their feedback and get updates and information from me when I find it.

Friday night I packaged up all my new soap so its all pretty.

Today, I have to do the dishes and clean the house... boring!

Yesterday I made simple cp soap with tangerine and clove EOs, Olive oil, coconut and soybean.

Tonight I am getting ready for my friend's 5th annual "Pumpkin Palooza" carving extravaganza. My DH is going to make his with a flame coming out, my stepson's is going to look like it ate a person and will have a leg hanging out. Mine will be traditional. I made pumpkin spice soap to give to all participants. Great way for me to practice. Should be a fun filled day.

Back