soap pot weekend: 4/8-4/11

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
What are you making/doing this weekend?

I hope to make Easter gifts sets. If I do I will post a picture.

Nothing too extraordinary. Just made an ITP swirl Patchouli and Lav someone requested and a few bars of Ancient Sedona with green and orange swirls. I might make a batch of egg yolk soap, too. I have one last farm egg and need to use it before the yolk gets too thick. Maybe I'll make a small batch of Mandarin with it. I don't sell so I'm not making any particular Easter soaps.

I've got all my oils measured out for my first shaving soap experiment. Oatmeal milk in the fridge just needs to be measured out. I'm thinking I'll use honey for the first time (instead of granulated sugar) and trying out my new pipe mold (vacuum cleaner pipe as that's what I found in the garage).

I'm also hoping to do a maple scented batch to be able to hand out to family at easter lunch (yeah, a bit short on the cure, so I'll leave a warning with everyone).

Nothing. I'm waiting on Palm and Coconut Oil. :( I guess I could run to Whole Foods and get a small container of Palm. I still have a little CO. Hmmm, perhaps I'll make a small batch. I'm thinking of trying Karma from Oregon Trails.

lotion bars and maybe a batch of soap if i can get to the store this weekend.

Making more test samples. I'm at over 200 1 oz FO sample batches since starting this endeavor last month. AND I'm turning my never used guest room into a craft room. DH is kicking me out of the kitchen. I pushed my limits the other week when I made paper and he's decided enough is enough. Should have made a big mess sooner. Wonder what he will do when I start spilling out of the craft room. :D

I want to make ginger-honey-milk soap this weekend. Also, I have this batch of sandlewood that I over-watered during rebatch that just doesn't want to solidify. Maybe I'll re-re-re-batch that [sigh]

Made more lavendar oats soap today and did an ITP swirl ... not sure how it worked ... keen to see it uncovered tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to make more 'Aussie' soap ... lemon myrtle scented with green balls.

I'm doing a Biolage Shampoo Dupe and calling it Salon ~love that shampoo. I also blended some leftover floral/green scents and am calling it Summer Bouquet ~ I'll probably leave it uncolored and add some calendula petals to it.

I actually do that a lot - combine leftover scents and sell them as "limited editions". It's a great way to clean out my FO's. I hate having small amounts in the bottles if I'm not going to re-purchase. Plus it's fun.

Well seeing that I oly got one batch done last weekend, I am hoping to play catch up. Oatmilk, amber resin and a batch of stain sticks. I must do this all today.

Update, I'm making progress. Got the oatmilk and stain sticks completed. Taking the kids to Easter Bunny Lane, then back for round 2.

Tracey I buy from a couple of suppliers ... depending on the price. I bought some dried lemon myrtle on ebay and I soak a couple of tbsp of this in oil for 24 hours ... for some added extras. I've bought lemon myrtle EO from Naked Press ... sometimes they have it on special ... so I try to get it then. If they don't have it on special, I buy the EO from Escentials of Australia.

My oldest lemon myrtle is only six months old ... and the smell is doing ok at this stage.

Back