Soap Pot this weekend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
honor435 said:
like charcoal for the grill?

Activated Charcoal, like what you'd find here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000TVT2Q8/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

Here's one of mine with an oatmeal exfoliant:

BS-adjust.png

kwahlne said:
I've heard some say that they like it on acne-prone skin, I believe. I just like how it feels.

Kristin, how much charcoal do you use ppo if you don't mind me asking? I have read on this forum to use no more than 1 tsp....will that amount get my soap that gorgeous black you have achieved?

Tanya :)

honor435 said:
Jola said:
I think my pot will be empty, still waiting on a few FO's in the mean time I will be trying the silicone lining on my wood molds

JOLA
im serious, love the contact paper, you can use it over and over.

Ahh! I totally forgot I was going to try that! I read this post just after I finished siliconing the seams! Maybe I'll just do one full silicon and try the contact paper and see what I like better. Thanks for the reminder!

kwahlne -- thanks for the tip about activated charcoal. I too am curious about how much to use ppo to get pitch black. I got a very rich black using the oxide, though I probably used a little too much.

Have a few other questions about the charcoal:

1. Does it have an abrasive texture?

2. Does it have a smell?

I am making a layered oatmeal honey goatsmilk and a salt bar.

Wishing everyone a great soaping weekend ..

Kitn

I used 1 tsp per pound of oils. I honestly think the picture looks darker than the actual bars but it's still quite awesome.

There is no abrasive texture from the charcoal and it has no smell.

smellitlikeitissoaps said:
Well I just picked up some more lye. Its funny walking in Ace hardware and here someone say "hey so help the soaplady, she needs the lye off the top shelf" I guess I do go in there alot lol

OMG They do that to me too at my ACE. :shock: :shock:

Latest posts

Back