Soap Party

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all come on it just changed direction

we got the storefront for a Sat afternoon Feb 9th BTW it is an empty store
gonna have someone doing nails, massage, facials, tea and coffee (UM ITS WINTER!!!!) and I get a whole display area for my B&B stuff. dang that means I have to get my butt in gear and start pumping out the goodies

Put a ton of balloons outside. Wow, this sounds like a really big deal dragon! How will you get the word out?

I have a couple friends who are managers of local natural food stores they told me to put together a flyer and they would get them out for me, and this storefront is on the main road that goes thru Oxford, so you really won't be able to miss it.

I am pretty excited now!!!!

No kidding!!! That is very exciting! You should be very proud of yourself, this is going to be big! k

I will be proud if I do well! I am bustin my butt to figure out how much of everything I should take, if I don't take enuff, I only live like 5 mins away.

dragonfly princess said:
Nope not gonna teach how to make soap, I think it will go something like this:

I know someone that might let me use their storefront for one night, this is where I would love to be able open my store in the future. I want to set it up with plastic bubbles on the walls and some shimmery cloth hanging on the walls. set up a table with everything that I make to buy. have a circle of chairs with warm water in plastic tubs in front of them, we are going to do a mud masque on the feet and then a balm to finish it off. That will be the only demonstration. I will have all my different soaps, scents and B&B stuff out so they can sniff and shop. I will make finger sammiches and have some wine and soft drinks. I might play a couple games but that is it.

How does that sound?

That sounds more like a spa party to me. I think it's a great idea and would be a good selling feature. I wanted to do something like that for my birthday. It would be good for bridal showers, baby showers, birthdays, or any other really fun occaision.

This sounds like so much fun!

One quick idea for a fun raffle - have everyone put a dollar or two in a bucket and leave their name on a piece of paper. Put the names in a basket and at some point during the evening, draw the winning name. The lucky person gets to use all the money on your bath products!

Good luck!

Yes Yes Yes!! I want to come!! Sorry I flaked out again :oops: But I DO really really want to go! Can I bring my Gracie?

You can do parties for teens & tweens to & let them make lip balm &/or glycerin soap.

We usually give a hostess gift at our soap party & if there is enough folks showing up we do a drawing for a gift basket. We set the chairs round & do a bit "About us and our products" kinda let folks know how good handmade soap is compared to store bought........ :wink: that kind a thing. We ask them to please ask questions during any point. Its more like your letting them know why homemade verses store bought. We've found that most people don't have a clue on the differance.
It helps if you have someone to assist you. Makes it easier. We do ours at homes of clients/costomers.
Sounds like you got it planned pretty good. Just keep an open mind & go with the flow/feel of the day. 8)

Back