Soap Gremlins BE GONE!!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tegan

Reaction score
Ok seriously....the second I decided to start selling I cant make a batch to save my life!!! Things keep separating or doing weird things. I made some OMH the other day, a recipe I've made 1000000000 times (ok not literally) and it completely separated on me. I had a layer of oil in the middle and lye heavy soap on either side......I'm re-batching that as I type. So....for those of us with Soap Gremlins floating around I would like to order an exorcism. It's kinda ridiculous here lately.

Are you getting lax in your mixing. Too comfortable maybe? I have gotten that way and the soap Gremlins appeared. I hope they go away soon for you. :)

Yeah I think that's it. I've been pouring at a thinner trace then normal. My husband even said it didn't seem like it took me as long. Back to being a little more patient!!

Oh No I'm so sorry I remember when they visited me over the summer I couldn't get soap right for 3 weeks I swear. I sure hope they move on quickly for you.

I get impatient with the lye cooling down and tend to soap a little hot or pour at too light a trace. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't so much.

Hope the gremlins move on soon ~ good luck with the rebatch!

Hi,
Yeah I have had my fair share of drama lately and you helped me survive it (thanks!).
Goodluck, I hope things begin to work out for you.

Back