Soap developing pink streak??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbie.johnson

Reaction score
Any ideas what this pink tint is?

Shows up on about day two or three after cutting and is throughout the whole loaf. It follows the swirl patterns and has only showed up ones that use lemongrass eo, so far at least.

Any ideas?

first pic is right at cut
second is today which is day 6.

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2209.jpg

I have no idea, but i will say that i have used lemongrass and not had this happen before...

Wonder if it could be a wierd reaction to any EO that the lighter part of the swirl has?

ETA....the only time I've had that happen to me was when I used an old coconut oil ....bottom of the barrel stuff I had after taking a soapmaking break. Only mine was a yellowish streak that faintly discolored. I used it all and it was great soap.

Last edited:
All my oils are from WSP and from a shipment I just got so, I have no idea what is going on with this

What colorant did you use? Hopefully the pink will fade after the soap starts to dry up.

Are you using any milk? I've gotten that pink streak one or twice in milk recipes, but it went away.

I don't have enough experience to tell you.

I've had crisco do that, and I have a wintergreen EO from ED that is pink in the bottle and does that.

Did you by chance touch the pink swirl part of the mix with anything aluminum?

Latest posts

Back