Snowing on Easter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are getting snow, in Northwest Missouri. It looks like it might accumulate. I can't remember the last time we had snow on the first of April.

We e got winter back this week too. 6ish inches yesterday but I don’t think we got anything today.

We got 5-6 inches yesterday. The sun is out today, but still in the low 30's. It's my sister's birthday today, and about the coldest we could remember, although there has been snow on her birthday plenty of times. She was born on Easter Sunday, April 1, 1956. This is the first time her birthday has been on Easter since she was born. So she's calling it her 'real' golden birthday - she's always felt cheated that she was 1 and can't remember her true golden birthday. Kids :rolleyes:

It was 78F when I left Texas and entered Arkansas, but by the time I reached Little Rock the temperature had dropped to 67 and now it's 47F, and that feels downright cold after this past month in Texas. But when I called Hubby today to tell him about an 'only in Texas's billboard I saw, he told me about the snow I can expect along my route tomorrow. I will be in Missouri tomorrow, so I'm glad I have some sweat pants, boots and a fleece jacket with me. Guess I should bring the boots in from the car, though so I don't have to put them on cold tomorrow morning.

Today (2nd April here) is 34 degrees and very hot, this is the second month of Autumn and still hot :dance:, went swimming yesterday and the ocean temp was 23 :).

It's nothing unusual having snow during the eastern week here. BUT after the eastern week have passed its very unusual for snow to show up again regardless of how early or late eastern is that year. It's weird.

It was very warm in my neck of the woods yesterday/Easter- 92F/33C. Today's high is supposed to be 89F/32C. Mornings are still lovely & cool, though- in the 50'sF/low teens C. Got all my windows open at the moment, but will have to close them come 11:00 am and turn the air conditioning on to keep us from wilting. lol

IrishLass :)

I saw a bit of unmelted snow when I arrived in Southern Illinois, but as I did not actually head up through Northern Missouri, I suspect I missed any left in the northern parts. I did see a lot of damaged homes, including some flooding along US-67 in Arkansas today. I drive the same route on my way South last month and don't recall seeing the damage then, but am not sure if I travelled that stretch during the day or night.

But Hubby tells me snow is due again at home tomorrow, so I may very well be greeted by a white lawn when I arrive tomorrow. I chose to take a leisurely pace home and am enjoying one more night alone before my return.

No School or work today because of blowing snow and icy conditions. We are in January winter conditions - nowhere near April weather. I spent most of today watching Call the Midwife. My internal monologue now has a British accent. Is it summer yet?

No School or work today because of blowing snow and icy conditions. We are in January winter conditions - nowhere near April weather. I spent most of today watching Call the Midwife. My internal monologue now has a British accent. Is it summer yet?
I LOVE that show. So glad they made another season !!!

Bwahahahaa, I cry too, EVERY SHOW ! I am far too old to have more babies
I also love Downton Abbey, wish they had kept that going.

Raining here today and chilly cold, dreary and dark out too :(

And it is snowing here in western Illinois not far from the Iowa border. We had some gorgeous large soft looking flakes coming down awhile ago. I actually love the snow and have hiked in snow in late May (Memorial Day weekend) in California. Of course the elevation was much higher there than it is here. We were in the mountains where the snow rarely melts and here there really aren't any mountains like that.

Latest posts

Back