Shortcuts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annmarie0407

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the safe soap making shortcuts and methods to safely speed saponification and how to decrease saponification and cure times for cold process and hot process soaps so that soaps can safely be sold one (1) week after being made.

The only soaps I would sell one week after making are MP.

Hot Process could be sold, but it does benefit from a drying period of a couple of weeks. One week would be the bare minimum, and I'd use a recipe I knew set up hard and fast-- lots of palm, PKO, etc. 2-3 weeks minimum would be preferable for HP.

I would not sell CP after one week, regardless of the water discount, etc.

Annmarie0407 said:
Can anyone tell me the safe soap making shortcuts and methods to safely speed saponification and how to decrease saponification and cure times for cold process and hot process soaps so that soaps can safely be sold one (1) week after being made.

There are no shortcuts. Soapmaking is a craft and each of your soaps will need a decent recipe, time and care.
Sure you could sell any soap that isn't lye heavy, without hurting most customers. But will it be good soap? No.
It won't last long and it won't be as soft on the skin as cured soap. So what would be the benefit of buying one week old soap then?
You'll be sure you won't have any repeat orders.
I'd recommand a cure of at least 4 weeks with HP and at least 6 for CP.

As SilverMaple said; the only thing I'd sell after one week would be melt & pour, or order some rebatch bases.

Back