short a measurement

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a supplier who has really been very good to me in the past, replacing items that have broken or otherwise not been delivered very quickly and the like. Now I'm finding one of my oxides is short - 1 ounce instead of 2. On the one hand, i paid for it, but on the other hand, I have no proof obviously, and i hate to be a whinging POM if you get my drift, about 1 ounce of an oxide considering the sheer quantities I've ordered from them.

Thoughts? Is it worth contacting them or should I just shrug and let it slip?

Deb

I would - nicely of course. If nothing else you can do it in a manner such as "I'm not sure that you're aware, but...", or "I have reason to belive..." and then go on to explain. It may end up being important to them as perhaps their supplier shorted them or there was a problem when the item was pulled from the shelf. AND you paid for it, regardless if you have proof (you have the product, you have the invoice - weigh the product in the original container that it came in and take a pic if this is feasible (unless you've already used some of it), I would certainally bring it to their attention.

You'd be suprised how grateful companies are when simple mistakes are brought to their attention - nicely of course :D

I got a delivery yesterday and one of the empty glass jars was smashed. It's only worth about $4 but I could have easily cut my hand so I shot off an email telling them that the courier company may have been a bit rough with the parcel this time and explaining that one jar is broken. I then added "just letting you know". I didn't ask for replacement or refund but good business practise would dictate that a credit be placed on my account for the next order.

I'd let them know Deb. :wink:

Mistakes get made in warehouses all the time,& good suppliers are always happy to rectify any problems. A friendly phone call should do the trick. Just tell them you received the 1oz instead of the 2oz. :)

Bubbles Galore said:
I got a delivery yesterday and one of the empty glass jars was smashed. It's only worth about $4 but I could have easily cut my hand so I shot off an email telling them that the courier company may have been a bit rough with the parcel this time and explaining that one jar is broken. I then added "just letting you know". I didn't ask for replacement or refund but good business practise would dictate that a credit be placed on my account for the next order.

I'd let them know Deb. :wink:

I got an email today asking me if I wanted a replacement jar sent out or a credit. They are great to deal with. :wink:

Back