shopping carts and web hosting -- what do you use?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paillo

Reaction score
i yanked my domain off godaddy.com quicker than a blink of an eye. i HATE godaddy, it's expensive and horribly cumbersome. the elephant incident was the push i needed to dump it. won't transfer the site for a few more days, but had planned to go with Siteground. liked Zencart, but couldn't seem to unzip the files, so gave up. Joomla sounds like a winner -- other ideas, comments and suggestions?

I use Intuit. The customer service is great! As far as a shopping cart, I use paypal. They walked me through copying HTML code and pasting it on my site. I wish it didn't have the "paypal" look but it's what I know and serves its purpose. http://www.goodmorningsoapworks.com

Opalgirl

I'm pretty much a pro with ZenCart. While I don't have a soaping website yet, you can certainly check out the website under my profile and see what it looks like. It's entirely run by Zen Cart, and I've been working with it for YEARS. I pretty much customized the crap out of it!

Unzipping is the easy part. If the file you're trying to unzip ends with a .RAR extension, then you need to use this free program (WinRAR). Google it and you can download it. Once you download it and install it, you can simply right click on any .RAR or .ZIP file and extract it.

I have also heard good things about Joomla but I have never used it.

spicyjem said:
I'm pretty much a pro with ZenCart. While I don't have a soaping recipe yet, you can certainly check out the website under my profile and see what it looks like. It's entirely run by Zen Cart, and I've been working with it for YEARS. I pretty much customized the crap out of it!

Unzipping is the easy part. If the file you're trying to unzip ends with a .RAR extension, then you need to use this free program (WinRAR). Google it and you can download it. Once you download it and install it, you can simply right click on any .RAR or .ZIP file and extract it.

I have also heard good things about Joomla but I have never used it.

thank you! will give it a try, am used to customizing the hell outta things :)

Back