shock

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwahlne

Reaction score
I don't think I have ever been more shocked in my entire life.

I just heard some news yesterday about a 39-year-old private junior academy principal in Maryland who was arrested for sex crimes and sexual abuse of a 14 yo girl and also a 13 yo girl. He was arrested yesterday after the new information of the 13-year-old. This man is married and has children of his own.

The real shocker...? He is my friend...

I went to high school with him. He was in my class and he was one of the sweetest guys I knew. He is a cousin to one of my best friends. Never, EVER, in 10 billion years could I have ever have imagined that this would be the path he would take in life. I just cannot wrap my mind around it.

I am so sad for the families he has damaged and for him.

Wow , I would be reeling too . Doesn't it just go to show, that you never really know people .Even when you think you do.

Kitn

O.K. at the risk of getting everyone upset. Do you know for a fact that he is guilty? Has he admitted any wrong doing? I live in a VERY snall town. Rumours run rampant all the time. We recently had a little old lady who was robbed behind the bank of her pension cheque. The community got together and gave her thousands of dollars. the truth finally camne out and even little old ladies lie. She even hit herself in the head with a rock to show where the robber hit her and stole her money.

Just saying, you never know until you know.

P.S. If you ask my ex husband I am a stripper in the local strip club as well as a heroin addict. For the record I am too ugly to be a stripper and can someone tell me what heroin looks like? I've never even seen it. I haven't even snorted lye and I have lots of that around. : )

Jody said:
O.K. at the risk of getting everyone upset. Do you know for a fact that he is guilty? Has he admitted any wrong doing? I live in a VERY snall town. Rumours run rampant all the time. We recently had a little old lady who was robbed behind the bank of her pension cheque. The community got together and gave her thousands of dollars. the truth finally camne out and even little old ladies lie. She even hit herself in the head with a rock to show where the robber hit her and stole her money.

Just saying, you never know until you know.

P.S. If you ask my ex husband I am a stripper in the local strip club as well as a heroin addict. For the record I am too ugly to be a stripper and can someone tell me what heroin looks like? I've never even seen it. I haven't even snorted lye and I have lots of that around. : )

Jody, I definately dig where you are coming from, because according to my ex, I was diagnosed long ago with some unsaid mental illness...yes people lie and make up rumors...

usually what I take as "if there is smoke, there must be a fire" is when two or more people are saying the same thing...

Wow, Kristin. I heard that story/news thing on WTOP yesterday and was a little sick to my stomach. That's so awful. ::shudder::

Jody said:
O.K. at the risk of getting everyone upset. Do you know for a fact that he is guilty? Has he admitted any wrong doing? I live in a VERY snall town. Rumours run rampant all the time.

Reportedly, he turned himself in after the 2nd girl came forward and the new charges were brought against him. He admitted driving to a vacant home on several occasions to perform sexual acts with at least one of the girls. No one is claiming that he forced either of them, but they were in fact, willing participants, but my gosh... they are children...

http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=10557172

You can read comments below this article. One of his students is chiming in... so so sad.

Update: Apparently, the charges have been raised to 3 counts of rape.

That is what is so scary anymore, you never know about anyone!
Most sexual abuse cases are right in the family.
MY kids are always wanting to go to some friends house and I am too scared to let them go without KNOWING their parents. You never know! I much prefer to have their friends come here and believe me, the parents love that!

That is just terrible. He has ruined so many lives.

My former brother in law counseled many pedophiles in his practice and told me that there are not many success stories working with that type of population.

So sad for you and all involved.

Jude

Oh my goodness, I can't even begin to imagine the grief and taruma his wife must be going through, not just over the safety of her own children but the disloyalty and deceit involved. :(

Your story reminded me of a couple of years ago a guy that I went to college with and who married a girl I was friendly with, was arrested for exposing himself to elementary school children (apparently they lived near a school- across the street, I believe).
I think he ended up getting probation or something like that, but from the evidence I heard, I couldn't see it being a misunderstanding.

I recently heard that the wife is still with him... eew!

Then again, I wasn't there, so I can't know for SURE.

Wow! It gets to be such a small world sometimes.

In a world like this, it's just hard to know who to trust. That's very sad for you.

Back