Shea Butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed.balaun

Reaction score
I guess Bath & Body Works must have researched that Shea Butter is so appealing to its customers that they feature it prominently on the label of every soap they sell. šŸ¤“

Six bars for $24, or $8.50 each.

Attachments

• 5D5E2345-133D-4B05-A39C-0D9AB8E2A313.jpeg
    5D5E2345-133D-4B05-A39C-0D9AB8E2A313.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Beautiful packaging...but it's not true soap, hence why they are calling it a cleansing bar. Note how they say that it is "Infused with the good stuff (shea butter and coconut oil)"

I have an issue with people who promote a certain ingredient then use very little of it. If I were going to promote a "Shea Butter" product, then Shea Butter better make up at least 51% of the ingredients.

The thing that stands out to me is that they don't call it soap. It's a "cleansing bar." Things that make you go "Hmmm..."
Yes, Carly - I wonder why that is. I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting a pic of the ingredients listed on the back.

I know this is an old thread, but my best friend and her family broke out when using their soaps. It was so drying it caused her to get a bad rash. Iā€™m just trying to warn people who have sensitive skin that it may not be a good soap for them.

I know this is an old thread, but my best friend and her family broke out when using their soaps. It was so drying it caused her to get a bad rash. Iā€™m just trying to warn people who have sensitive skin that it may not be a good soap for them.
I had to give up B&BWs years ago because of the fragrance load in their products ~ the very reason everyone loves them šŸ˜• and I did love them back in the day (late 80's through the mid 90's), my favorite scent was Juniper Berry šŸ„° Soon after that my rashes started occurring at a more frequent rate and all over my body. Come to think of it, I was using the body wash, lotion, and body spray combo šŸ¤” Things that make you go hmmm šŸ¤”

Latest posts

Back