Shaving Soaps - different recipes, need input please!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Outlaws

Reaction score
Okay I've searched to the ends of the internet and can't find what I'm looking for LOL

Can I get your favorite shaving soap recipes? I'd like to make several and give them to my dad for xmas to refill his jar.

I have heard so many different things about what to put - stearic, clay, etc. - I don't know what to do.

I'd like several different types - with and without additives - so he can try them all.

Anybody? Just need small batches.

TIA for your help!
:D

http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/soapr ... recipe.htm

try this link. i use 4.7oz of goat and 4.7oz of lye water, there is a link on the site on how to use goats milk 3 different ways, i use the condensed milk in the can and have had no problems with it at all. also i have been told to use stearic acid in the recipe, just got that in today and am going to try some later.

I have noticed that clay doesn't seem to make a big difference. My BF is trying all my shaving soaps and he said all of the CP soaps are fairly slippery, but the foam doesn't last as long as commercial soaps, so anything that increases staying power of the foam (and you want it relatively dense or creamy) would be good. Clay does help the staying power of the FO/EO though and makes FOs smell more like they do straight from the bottle rather than the changed smell you sometimes get after the soap has cured. I have noticed that most with the Dragonblood FO from Gracefruit. With clay added it smells like old spice and stays forever, without clay it is sweeter and lasts about 4 months.

We have noticed a difference in clay soap.

I'm still in the process of finding that perfect shaving bar; but I do thing cocoa butter, castor oil and clay help.

Back