Shampoo Newbie

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrunchyFuture

Reaction score
Hey, friends! I’ve heard mixed results about homemade shampoo. I have been working on this recipe and would love to know what you all think.
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • .25 tbsp coconut oil
  • .25 tbsp. raw honey
  • 1/8 tsp of lemon juice
  • 1/8 tsp Vitamin E oil
  • 1/8 tsp olive oil
  • 1/8 of almond oil
  • 1/8 of Glycerin
  • 1/8 of Keratin
  • 1/8 tsp. jojoba/ argan oil
  • 1/8 tsp. Coco/aloe oil
  • 25 drops essential oils of choice
Thanks so much!!

one newbie to another; what are you using for the cleaning part? Are you making a “syndet” with a lot of fancy chemicals, or will you also add lye? Because without either of those, it’s just a list of things to wash OUT of your hair 😅

You also formulated it more the way lotions and other non-cleaning things are listed, as volumes. When making soap, you need more accuracy, which is why better use weight, and when sharing a recipe, even better to use percentages.

Hey, friends! I’ve heard mixed results about homemade shampoo.
Hey @CrunchyFuture ! While we're a friendly group, we aren't exactly "friends"! Yet. 😁
Take a step in the right direction... Go to the Introduction Forum and tell us a little about yourself, what brought you to SMF and especially, about your level of soap making experience. That will give us a basis to help us to help you. ;)

I have been working on this recipe and would love to know what you all think.
I'm speechless. Trust me, you don't want to know what I think. :nonono:LOL

When you have time, here's a link to a liquid soap tutorial for Shampoo for you. Read it over 2 or 3 times to absorb as much as you can before trying it.

http://alaiynab.blogspot.com/2013/03/how-i-create-liquid-soaps-and-shampoos.html
Also, find "Tutorials - Liquid Soap" in the Menu at the top of the home page to read more.

Latest posts

Back