Setting up CP Soaps Inexpensively?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What FO did you use and what is your formula?

Mine always seems to take forever to get to trace. But it is not real long. My go to formula is Co, lard, safflower with coconut milk plus FO. I just made a batch today with some BB Dragons' Blood FO. I never use an iffy FO either. Always check Soapscentreview forum first. Used all my new equipment. LOVE my new scale for soapequipment.com best $45 I have ever spent. Well, see if I like new mold from BB. Right now soap has a top crack in it. I knew I should not have let it gelled. I was going to stick it outside since it is freezing temps here but I did not. Hopefully it is only a top crack.

I didn't have to spend as much I thought I would on soapmaking essentials. I got a cheap stick blender (£4 here in the UK), a plastic bucket and I had a few spare plastic bowls, a scale and utensils that I already use for other crafty stuff like dyeing wool. The main cost was the oils and I am still using relatively cheap oils like lard, palm, and coconut. As I get more into it I will try shea butter and apricot kernel, just need to save a little bit to buy them! Then there's the EO's/fragrances, colours, additives etc...

Latest posts

Back