Selling soap, the rules and Brexit

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen Payne

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to the world of soap making having learnt during lockdown this year. I made some beautiful soaps and have gifted them as Christmas presents (boxed with raffia - pic).
Several people have told me I should start selling soap but I know there are processes to go through before being able to sell anything. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Also will Brexit change this process? How much does it cost to get the appropriate licence please? I will almost certainly have more questions once these ones have been answered!
IMG_20201209_171906.jpg
ng

Attachments

• IMG_20201220_231829.jpg
    IMG_20201220_231829.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 5
As you are new making soap I suggest you practice for a minimum of a year and then think about it. Just because others have said you should sell, it doesn't mean you should. A lot of soap makers have been told the same thing. You need to know how your soap will be in a years time, as it's a product that people put on their skin.
Here is a thread for you to read from the forum -Are you ready to sell your soap? | SoapMakingForum

That's great thank you

As you are new making soap I suggest you practice for a minimum of a year and then think about it. Just because others have said you should sell, it doesn't mean you should. A lot of soap makers have been told the same thing. You need to know how your soap will be in a years time, as it's a product that people put on their skin.
Here is a thread for you to read from the forum -Are you ready to sell your soap? | SoapMakingForum

I have just read all the thread now I have sat down for the evening and it was really helpful thank you so much. I will certainly keeps some of the soap I have made for 12 months just to see, keep practising and take it from there. Always worth asking for advice off people more experienced! 🥰

Latest posts

Back