Selling in France

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James21

Reaction score
Hello everybody - what a great forum!

I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who could give me some guidance about selling in France. I'm taking my family to Poitou-Charante next year, for a year, and was hoping to sell some soap at a couple of local markets. I have my UK safety assessment - but that may not help.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

James

If you have your SA then it is good in France as well. What you need to check with your assessor is if it will be okay with the 2013 changes in legislature. The other thing you need to do is contact trading standards for the are you're going to be in. Your SA is going be specific about what oils/butters you can use as well as botanicals, mica, fragrance (must meet EU standards so look into that) and essential oils. If you find your SA too limiting then let me know & I can refer you to an assessor who is actually in France (an import from England) and he has a professional flexible SA that you might find useful, plus all of his clients are fine for any changes in 2013 and if he does have to make a change to get you compliant, there is no additional charge.

Good luck and I really hope you enjoy your stay in France....

Hi Lindy,

It would be great to have a friendly contact out there. My SA is good till next year, but sounds like I should get your friend to do my next one. As a strange coincidence my mother in law is from Nova Scotia and her name is also Lindy and she is also very nice!

Made a great orange and crushed cardamon soap last night.

Thanks,

James

Back