seizing!! any suggestions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welsh black

Reaction score
ive made this recipie of oils before 30% olive pomace - with no problems of seizing as ive read that op does speed up tracing. but today i made a batch and was attempting to do a hanger swirl - well - i just about got it into the pot, no time for coulours ect! i stopped mixing when it came to light trace, but boy didnt it thicken up quick. my temp was 35c do you think it was a bit high? from previous threads i put my fragrence in the oil before adding the lye, on my last batch i used cucumber fragrence and that worked great with no seizing. the other difference that this fragrence was with another company, so do you think that was the problem, perhaps the cucumber fragrence is bette quality?

This hanger swirl is getting to me, but ill keep trying!!! any suggestions on what oil mix to use when doing hanger swirls?

I know that instinct in to try and throw everything in the pot and struggle with it, but wait for it to start gelling in the pot. It will loosen up enough for you to mix it better and plop it in the mold. It will probably look rustic or like HP but will be fine.

Fragrance oils can cause seizing. Depends on what it is (florals can be a *****). Sometimes the only way to know they will do that is to soap them :( I just lost another test batch, trying like heck to work with a new rose FO - and nope, doesn't want to cooperate.

is true some fragrance oils seize fast. i got this once while trying to do some swirls but ended up too thick but managed to put in molds , looks like hot process but i learn my lesson, mine was a vanilla essential oil to specify..

Latest posts

Back