Second and third batch pictures🙈

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapbar

Reaction score
What do you think of my soap. Is it good for selling? I welcome your advice.

Attachments

• 4BEE4986-259D-4959-AAD0-7832C2C07320.jpeg
    4BEE4986-259D-4959-AAD0-7832C2C07320.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 22
  • A2D096DA-A6CF-4A1E-B9D5-D02C8E026C51.jpeg
    A2D096DA-A6CF-4A1E-B9D5-D02C8E026C51.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 72627460-58E8-47DF-BF61-170FC85F9458.jpeg
    72627460-58E8-47DF-BF61-170FC85F9458.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 3E9D5CA5-8479-4D3B-AA0F-75730E43DE83.jpeg
    3E9D5CA5-8479-4D3B-AA0F-75730E43DE83.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 88B59507-5BDF-4D38-AB1A-A6992C02A213.jpeg
    88B59507-5BDF-4D38-AB1A-A6992C02A213.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 75DA0043-DFB8-4BD3-A0A2-62E46A86623E.jpeg
    75DA0043-DFB8-4BD3-A0A2-62E46A86623E.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 7EF67203-6D98-47CA-8D22-FD28F74AB4A8.jpeg
    7EF67203-6D98-47CA-8D22-FD28F74AB4A8.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 19
I can't say if your soap is good without seeing your detailed recipe. In my eyes it does look good but your users evaluation has more weight than mine.

I can't say if your soap is good without seeing your detailed recipe. In my eyes it does look good but your users evaluation has more weight than mine.
Actually I used Royalty Soaps recipe the pink and white one I used rose powder with CC as additives.

There's a lot more to selling than just pretty soaps, and what her customer base wants in a soap and what yours want in a soap may be very different. You do already have a group of people testing your soap, providing feedback, and telling you what they would be willing to pay for, correct? Otherwise you're nowhere near ready to sell, regardless of how your soap looks or performs. I'm not very familiar with the rules and regulations for Saudi Arabia, but soap is usually a very hard market to make it in. It's an old craft, and the odds that people who are better at making it or selling it than you are have already established a business in any populated area is usually pretty high, regardless of the country. It usually takes months to a year to get your soap to what people in your area are willing to pay for, over a year to make sure your recipe and process doesn't lead to rancid soap, and years plural once your business is established for it to become a self-sustaining business. Less than a year of making soap before going into business is generally considered irresponsible, since you can't be sure your recipe and process are turning out soap that can last without going rancid, and a lot of people recommend waiting at least two or more years before going into business to establish recipes that can compete with those around you.
The soaps look nice.

There's a lot more to selling than just pretty soaps, and what her customer base wants in a soap and what yours want in a soap may be very different. You do already have a group of people testing your soap, providing feedback, and telling you what they would be willing to pay for, correct? Otherwise you're nowhere near ready to sell, regardless of how your soap looks or performs. I'm not very familiar with the rules and regulations for Saudi Arabia, but soap is usually a very hard market to make it in. It's an old craft, and the odds that people who are better at making it or selling it than you are have already established a business in any populated area is usually pretty high, regardless of the country. It usually takes months to a year to get your soap to what people in your area are willing to pay for, over a year to make sure your recipe and process doesn't lead to rancid soap, and years plural once your business is established for it to become a self-sustaining business. Less than a year of making soap before going into business is generally considered irresponsible, since you can't be sure your recipe and process are turning out soap that can last without going rancid, and a lot of people recommend waiting at least two or more years before going into business to establish recipes that can compete with those around you.
The soaps look nice.
I'm glad to see your comment actually in Saudi it is not allowed to sell soaps or body products in markets except they are manufactured in a factory otherwise we can sell online only without permission. People here prefer creamy soaps that contain SH and PH with additives. I'm ging to give these soaps to my family to try.

Sodium Hydroxide and Potassium Hydroxide
We normally use the chemical symbols of those:
NaOH = Sodium Hydroxide (Na stands for sodium, and OH stands for hydroxide)
KOH = Potassium Hydroxide (K is the symbol for the chemical element, potassium, and OH is the hydroxide)

So when you see posts about lye, you will notice we often use NaOH or KOH to indicate which one.

Here is a helpful thread listing acronyms commonly used in soapmaking or here on SMF (soapmakingforum):

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/the-acronym-and-abbreviation-definition-thread.32055/

Your soaps are very nice looking, could maybe do with a little more polish around the edges.

As someone who started selling within six months of starting (local craft fair), I HIGHLY recommend waiting a minimum of year before selling. There is just so much to learn and most of those lessons only come by making lots and lots of soap. I have purposely kept bars of my soap from when I first started and throughout the past 19 months...you can see how I have progressed in my soap making. Even my crafting group, who I had not met with since before Covid, pointed out how much better my soaps looked.

Take your time. Find a good recipe that you like and make lots of soap with with. Get to know the best temperature for your ingredients. Get to know how to properly mix them for the best performance and to recognize emulsion, light and medium trace. It took seven tries before I was able to perfect my Chocolate Espresso soap...to get that perfect level of dark "chocolate", just the right amount of cocoa line, that perfectly white topping with zero 'rivers' or clumps and just the right amount of cocoa sprinkle on top. And then I had to do it again, and again, and again because it has become one of my 'stock' soaps and folks expect it to be the same each time.

What do you think of my soap. Is it good for selling? I welcome your advice.
Very pretty.
Your soaps are very nice looking, could maybe do with a little more polish around the edges.

As someone who started selling within six months of starting (local craft fair), I HIGHLY recommend waiting a minimum of year before selling. There is just so much to learn and most of those lessons only come by making lots and lots of soap. I have purposely kept bars of my soap from when I first started and throughout the past 19 months...you can see how I have progressed in my soap making. Even my crafting group, who I had not met with since before Covid, pointed out how much better my soaps looked.

Take your time. Find a good recipe that you like and make lots of soap with with. Get to know the best temperature for your ingredients. Get to know how to properly mix them for the best performance and to recognize emulsion, light and medium trace. It took seven tries before I was able to perfect my Chocolate Espresso soap...to get that perfect level of dark "chocolate", just the right amount of cocoa line, that perfectly white topping with zero 'rivers' or clumps and just the right amount of cocoa sprinkle on top. And then I had to do it again, and again, and again because it has become one of my 'stock' soaps and folks expect it to be the same each time.
Great info.
Keep detailed notes and samples of the failed soaps. Even after a year, I look back at them and laugh and laugh—-what WAS I thinking!!!
Yes' I so agree' Notes are key for me.

Keep detailed notes and samples of the failed soaps. Even after a year, I look back at them and laugh and laugh—-what WAS I thinking!!!

I never knew that soap could shatter. Which will happen if you put in three tablespoons of dry TD in 33 oz of oils.

Latest posts

Back