Scrubbies for mechanics soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombus

Reaction score
I am formulating a recipe for a mechanic's soap, and want to use two different
sizes of "scrubbies". One will be pumice. I would like to use a larger size too.
I am considering: sand, cornmeal or ground luffa. Any suggestions?

Also- would you still use the same amount ppo of each kind of scrubby?
or would you use 1/2 of each that you would normally use of just one kind.

So, if I normally use 1 Tbsp ppo of pumice, do I use 1/2 Tbsp + 1/2 Tbsp of
cornmeal for a total of 1 Tbsp ppo? or do I use 1 Tbsp of each?

Wadaya think?

Oatmeal is scrubby, I use the rolled oats. It works very well... I use a couple of tbsp per lb of oils. I would use the normal amount of each instead of half of each .. extra scrubby :)

What about using coffee grounds? They're very scrubby...trust me on this...they're extremely scrubby. Ask me how I know. :wink:

They also help remove odors.

The grounds were first used to make a pot of coffee. Love my caffeine! :wink:

Actually, the problem was I used too much and most of it settled to the bottom of the mold. So, when I tried to use it...yowsa! I learned very quickly to use light pressure when exfoliating. :lol:

I am also thinking about such a recipe. My dh is a carpenter and gets real dirty too. I was going to use poppy seeds..

Used coffee grounds work great. Just brew your self a pot and then soap with the grounds in the soap. Hubby is a mechanic and it all comes off easy.

dolly777 how much ppo of the grounds do you use? I am going to make my first coffee soap tonight and was debating on the amount. I will also use (frozen) coffee as my liquid.
TIA

Back