SC sent the wrong oil... Experience and other options?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mawr

Reaction score
I recently ordered 2lbs of rspo palm and 2lbs of polmace olive..
They were quick to send it in.. However sent 14lbs of argan instead of the olive?
I never ordered from them before... However wrong oil!! Sent an email so awaiting a response. Anyone else have this issue happen with soaperschoice/columbus? What was the resolution?

Othernotes..
I do have a bottle of Pompeian pure olive oil..
Safe to use in soap making? Or should I avoid it like the plague and wait.
Urg.

Oh my. Argan oil is very very expensive or at least that is my understanding. They must have mixed up your order with someone else's. I have never received a misfire from them so can't speak to their resolution of problems but I have been happy with them overall. I'm sure they will email you back.

As long as you use a pure olive oil, I don't think you will have trouble. Pomace is faster to trace and has more color to it. Non-pomace is slower and will be whiter in soap. Make certain you specify which you are using in the soap calculator you use, as well.

Last edited:
Sorry I have not ordered from them so I couldn't attest to their customer service, however I wanted to say the Olive oil you have on hand should soap just fine.

I didn't think you order just 2 lbs from them. Anyway that's $168 worth of Argan oil. I'm sure they will be eager to straighten that out for you. I have only ordered from them a couple times and both times went smoothly. The Second time I didn't get a shipping conformation or tracking number and their response was prompt and friendly.

Yeah, definitely wasn't expecting it (the oil or the price of it for that matter definitely an expensive product) and I'm sure they will as well. :) for sure for the olive oil. Thanks for the responses!

I purchase my Argan and it is over $80 per gallon (7 lbs). I order other oils from them and never have had an error. They are most likely going to be really happy you emailed them, not everyone would have notified them with an error like that...:evil: ;)

I use them for the majority of my oils and butters and have never had a problem. I too am sure you will hear back promptly. They ship fast and are always helpful.

I was just thinking . . . Omg could you imagine. Temptation city! I would call but I would have the devil whispering "NO" in my ear the whole Time! I just keep thinking of the person who ordered the 14 lbs and is getting some olive oil!

I'd be sooo tempted to just keep quiet and keep the argan oil!

I was just thinking . . . Omg could you imagine. Temptation city! I would call but I would have the devil whispering "NO" in my ear the whole Time! I just keep thinking of the person who ordered the 14 lbs and is getting some olive oil!
Yep!!

I use them exclusively and never had any problems. Really cool thing since I'm in st Louis and they are in Chicago it takes one day in shipping time. I really like them!

I would be tempted as well. In fact, it was hard not to type asking if the OP was certain she didn't just want to accept it and buy some OO from the store instead. SC would probably figure it out eventually though and I would be saddled by guilt every time I used the Argan oil. Who knows though? Maybe SC won't find it in their favor to pay for return shipping....

I would be tempted as well. In fact, it was hard not to type asking if the OP was certain she didn't just want to accept it and buy some OO from the store instead. SC would probably figure it out eventually though and I would be saddled by guilt every time I used the Argan oil. Who knows though? Maybe SC won't find it in their favor to pay for return shipping....
LOL, I wanted to do the same. Errors are part of doing business... :evil: Once Cibaria will called me a 35lb tote of SAO instead of the 20lbs I ordered take a guess if I mentioned it...never even felt guilty :evil: naughty naughty me. No way in **** would I have confessed to 2 gallons of Argn. They cannot charge you when they delivered incorrectly
Newbie you're a better person than me if you would have been saddled with guilt. LOL, the guilt dissipates quickly...

I don't think I would have said anything either. Their error. WSP once sent me 3 big buckets of Coconut instead of one. They just kept sending them. Call me bad.

You could garage sale it ;) Yeah, I would be tempted but would feel guilty too! Certainly if it's a small error from a big company I take it as a gift from the universe going towards all those times I have been overcharged or shorted in some way, but when it's an individual or small company I would be more empathetic.

Surprising enough they seem to send their items quicker then they respond to customers. Lol yeah, I never heard (obviously enough never used this before). Oh well, tried. Just placed an order for more olive oil. Lololol I'm afraid to use the pompeian because the soap queen DOS not all olive oils are created equal thing and the reviews I was able to find didn't say anything good. Eeek. Haha yeah whoever ordered the Aragan must be pissed :))

Well if no response, you can make mighty shampoo and shampoo bars out of this, yes?

Surprising enough they seem to send their items quicker then they respond to customers. Lol yeah, I never heard (obviously enough never used this before). Oh well, tried. Just placed an order for more olive oil. Lololol I'm afraid to use the pompeian because the soap queen DOS not all olive oils are created equal thing and the reviews I was able to find didn't say anything good. Eeek. Haha yeah whoever ordered the Aragan must be pissed :))
Whoever did not get their Aragan will get it replaced, that I can pretty much guarantee. Argan makes wonderful lotion, lotion bars, soap and lip balms. It is also fantastic when used with avocado oil

OMG..that much Argan oil?? man o man would I be tempted to just keep quiet...but that's not me {sometimes I kick myself for being so blasted honest :lol:}

However, they may just surprise you and let you keep it for messing your order up...that would be SWEET!

Hopefully they will let you keep it. That's a lot of very nice, expensive oil. It makes an excellent hair mask in addition to what everyone else said.

I'm that perpetually foolish person that gives back money when someone hands me too much change. I leave notes on a car when my door accidentally bangs into it (you don't want to know how much it costs to replace an entire Audi door). For a ding. A ding! A ding that apparently cannot be repaired. Nope. Only a door replacement will do. But I never learn my lesson... I'll still put a note up. I'll still apologize when someone else bumps into me while holding open the door for them. Maybe I'm secretly Canadian.

Latest posts

Back