Saving scent by hand milling

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubblhed

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was wondering, I have purchased
alot of rare and expensive eo's
and absolutes, and don't want to
expose them to the lye.I got to
thinking maybe I could make a base
cure it then shred it melt it then add
the scent(which duh is hand milling)
Do you think that it would save on the
amount I would have to use and would
the soap have more scent? I have had pretty good luck
with Bergamot and vanilla not fading out in my cp,but
when something costs 80$ per oz you tend to want to
be careful ... Ideas?
Dana

Sounds like a good one Dana. I have only rebatched twice and both times the scent I added in at that time needed much less to get a great fragrance! Let us know how you get on, and pics pretty please!

Tanya :)

Topcat, is there a big difference in the texture or quality of the soap after rebatching?

I think that depends on the rebatcher :lol: !

My first attempt was to rebatch an overheated batch which separated and I did it within 48 hours after making the CP. I used Lindy's whipped rebatch method (tutorial here on SMF) and ended up with a light whipped soap that floats - gorgeous!

My 2nd was a rebatch of my very first CP batch and I did that 3 months after making it. The EO had faded almost completely so I wanted to add more fragrance back in. It has ended up looking like a grated soap that was squished back together....not the best attempt methinks. Still it smells wonderful and has dried out nice and hard so I'm not complaining. Have a look at the tutorials section here, and also check out this great link:

http://aussiesoapsupplies.com.au/Soap-M ... p-187.html

Scroll down to the 5 rebatching methods listed.....one will suit you I am sure.

Tanya :)

Back