Save my soap!!!!! Please help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pawpaw

Reaction score
I've decided to challenge myself to make liquid soap. I read, reread and reread the instructions and have set about making it. Two hours into it and I seem to have hit a snag. I put the oils into the slow poker/crockpot on high, added the potassium hydroxide mixture and stick blended until trace. But now I'm thinking it wasn't trace. I blended about 20 minutes +/- put the lid on. Left it on high. Stick blended every twenty minutes or so BUT NOW it's allow watery. It did go apple saucy. It's all watery now with bubbles going up the side (like foam bubbles). Is this now unsaveable? Where did I go wrong? Any advice, hints or tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Thanks Isg. It stayed liquid and foamy after I stick blended. I kept it going for about another thirty minutes. And then gave up ( was getting dark needed to do supper etc) so I'll see in the morning if I can carry on. I don't know if that can be done or not. If not I'll try another batch.

:( it all separated overnight and I stick blended it back together but it keeps separating. What a waste! Now it's all liquidy with clumps of grainy soap balls. When I blend it it looks like grainy sauce but then separated after a few minutes. Boohoo.

If at first you don't succeed; try again. I'll give it another go. Another batch. Thanks for your help Isg

Latest posts

Back