Sandalwood Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheChaplin

Reaction score
:D Greetings peeps,

Been searching high and wide on the net for a recipe/advice on how much Sandalwood EO to put in to CP soap.

Anyone have an idea? Wouldn't want to make a very expensive mistake!

:p

There have been several topics about amount of scent to use depending on the strength of essential oils and how much is skin safe. Just yesterday I read between 3 and 5%.

I have heard that sandalwood EO is pretty potent. Unfortunately, it's way beyond my budget. If I did have some, I'd use it in a leave on product.

Your supplier should be able to provide a MSDS with recommendations for proper usage levels.

If you make this soap, invent smell-vision so we can all get a whiff when you post a pic! Real sandalwood soap must be fantastic!

I think I will try using Amyris as a substitute. Real sandalwood essential oil is very, very pricey.

MMmmmmm, I loooove sandalwood. Maybe you could find a FO instead of an EO? It'd certainly be cheaper! :) Sandalwood is pretty endangered from what I understand, because everyone loves the EO so much :(

General usage rates are .5 - 1oz PPO. I have never smelled Sandalwood so I don't know how strong it is. You would be the best judge of that. That will be some very special soap. :)

as has been said, sandalwood EO is way to expensive to be tossing in CP soap. try a FO or a blended EO that has small amounts of sandalwood and the same overall smell. i love my sandalwood FOs though, they seem to have gotten pretty good at duplicating the scent.

Lindy said:
EO's should be kept to less than 3% and the stronger ones should be even lower than that.

Really? That amounts to slightly less than .5 oz PPO. Probably fine for patchouli but definitely not for citrus.

Back