Sandalwood and Black Tie Affair

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudeitsashley

Reaction score
This was my attempt at doing a wood grain type soap, but I don't think I quite hit the mark. The soap in the mold is black tie affair that I soaped today.

012214.jpg

0122141.jpg

0122142.jpg

My hubby owns a tree company and I split wood for him and you probably have no idea how much those soaps look like rings/the grain pattern of a tree where there is a notch or two branches. I think they look great!

I can see the wood grain (definitely agree with MirandaH), very clever of you!! They both look great.

I think it gives the impression of wood grain and goes very well with the scent of sandalwood. Beautiful soap.

You hit the mark completely on your wood grain soap. And I can't wait to see cut pics of your black tie affair soap. The top looks very interesting!

I love the brown soap and the variations in color. You will post pics of the Black Tie Affair cut, won't you? Do you like that scent? I thought about ordering it from NG but sometimes, if I read too many descriptions in a row, I just give up.

I love the brown soap and the variations in color. You will post pics of the Black Tie Affair cut, won't you? Do you like that scent? I thought about ordering it from NG but sometimes, if I read too many descriptions in a row, I just give up.
I will be posting pictures of black tie and I do like the scent. The one that I used is from WSP so I can't compare it to NG.

They both look great, and like others I'd love to see the black tie after it's cut.

Sorry for being such a slacker you guys. :oops: I've been getting over a cold that kicked my butt. Anyway, here is the cut pictures of Black Tie Affair. It was supposed to be a tiger swirl but I measured my colors out wrong so I ended up with more white than black.

012814.jpg

0128141.jpg

Back