Sad New Update House Sad

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I might not be getting my new house. 😭😭😭 My dealer has been under investigation by the State of NV housing department and they turned it over to the Attorney General's office. Apparently, 28 customers filed complaints, and several of them are missing their deposits. I became suspicious last Feb and contacted NV housing back last Feb but did not file a complaint when I confirmed my money was deposited with Palm Harbor, or most of it, they held back 9% of the deposit. Palm Harbor wants an additional 30% down, which is okay, but will not work directly with customers. Although I did solve that and they will take my additional deposit by wire directly, after I contacted and left messages with Cavco Industries who handles all the money they agreed, but I still need my dealer contract. There was no way that dealer was getting a big chunk of my money since I have been suspicious of them since last Feb.

Well, my dealer as of Friday is no longer responding and the phones are disconnected. I really think they have left town. Last Thursday my dealer told me I had to send over $70k for my additional deposit and I informed her nope, it would be going direct to Cavco and she argued with me. By Friday she would not answer my calls or emails. According to her District Manager at Palm Harbor, she/they are not responding back to them either. According to the NV Housing Investigator, there is $500k of their customer's money missing.

All I want is my house. Looks like I will not be moving this year if ever. I am getting too old for this crap.

Ugh, I am so sorry to hear this! I am praying that you find a new dealer who will get this project going and done for you. It's been such a long wait, and I'm sure your daughter and granddaughter are crushed to hear this, too. :confused:

It is nearly impossible to spot a failing builder/developer. I’m so sad this happened to you. Hoping the universe doesn’t allow the thieves to completely destroy your dreams.

Right now I am waiting to hear back from one of the VP's from CAVCO to see if we can work out something. I finally was able to get a real person to speak to in the Corporate office. We will see. Since the district manager turned a 180 and is now telling me I have to send the money to AJ. I am not conceding and giving in yet. According to Palm Harbor, my house is next in line if Palm Harbor gets the additional deposit, if I can trust what the DM is telling me.

Right now I am waiting to hear back from one of the VP's from CAVCO to see if we can work out something. I finally was able to get a real person to speak to in the Corporate office. We will see. Since the district manager turned a 180 and is now telling me I have to send the money to AJ. I am not conceding and giving in yet. According to Palm Harbor, my house is next in line if Palm Harbor gets the additional deposit, if I can trust what the DM is telling me.
Builders here are going broke on a weekly basis, small and large ones, it's been happening for a while. People are paying mortgages on half built houses that can't be finished and trying to find a builder to finish it is next to impossible. They are also taking deposits right up until they close down, so there is no way of getting their money back, so be careful, just because they take your deposit doesn't mean anything, here anyway.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/home-builder-porter-davis-in-trouble-20230330-p5cwvn.html

According to Palm Harbor, my house is next in line if Palm Harbor gets the additional deposit, if I can trust what the DM is telling me.
Unless the additional payment is in the contract, I wouldn't be paying it. And your home should be next in line, it should have been done and delivered before now.

I feel for you. I will keep you in my prayers for a good outcome.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back