Rustic re-do

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally finished a re-do of my Mother’s mid-century modern Lane cedar chest. It was VERY beat up when she gave it to me back in the 1970s after having had a serious run in with a puppy in our basement. I kinda, sorta rehab-ed it back then, and although it was never especially attractive, it has stored a lot of memories for me over the years, literally and figuratively. I didn’t want to put a huge amount of time into, so I more or less went for the Boho chic/global look. The first photo shows the molding I put on the edges to cover the chewed edges. The second photo shows the stenciled top. Oh, and yes, I put caster wheels on the bottom. This sucker is heavy and now I can also use it as a seating bench for my dining room table when I have company (small people only, please :)).

319E8C9A-C73D-4C7D-AA13-3A14EF2B7413.jpeg
B636117F-8461-47DB-BD31-4835920A51E9.jpeg

Love your color choice, trim and stencil. Adding wheels for company seating was ingenious! That brings the piece into more a special part of your family's social life. I love painting furniture, walls, anything. Very nice job!

Love your color choice, trim and stencil. Adding wheels for company seating was ingenious! That brings the piece into more a special part of your family's social life. I love painting furniture, walls, anything. Very nice job!

I also love painting and I’m always surprised that so many people think it’s a chore.

Latest posts

Back