Rushed! Makeshift "booth"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck Lenarenee, don't worry too much, it is, what it is - last minute. A cute piggy or two will get them to your table ;).

And don't think that I wasn't tempted to try it!!

Glad you at least enjoyed your first market. I did not want to discourage and be a nay-say Nellie, and mention before you did the craft fair that Senior Centers are usually not good along with schools, even for Holiday Fairs. But it was a good way to introduce yourself to markets and selling. Also, seniors are not the best target market, the forties to fifties are the biggest spenders, at least for me. I do have a few 70'ish customers, but many times they are purchasing for gifts.

No worries there - I didn't really expect much, I wasn't prepared (still have handwritten labels, still no official company name, no proper displays, etc.) and I knew that those facts weren't too much of a problem there.

Glad you at least enjoyed your first market. I did not want to discourage and be a nay-say Nellie, and mention before you did the craft fair that Senior Centers are usually not good along with schools, even for Holiday Fairs. But it was a good way to introduce yourself to markets and selling. Also, seniors are not the best target market, the forties to fifties are the biggest spenders, at least for me. I do have a few 70'ish customers, but many times they are purchasing for gifts.

I'm wondering if I should target millennials more. (not trying to sound like I'm a real business owner here) From my very limited experience I find they are the most open and eager when they hear I make soap, they want to hear all about it and want to try it. The middle aged women want soap to give as gifts, or pick a soap to match their bathroom. I'm not a marketer though, and have no idea which group ultimately would buy my soap.

Problem with millennials many have young families and not a lot of disposable income today. For me the forties group are the largest buyers. Fifties buy but 60 up it slows down

If you do get to selling in markets if you happen to have a male that would go with you you could target men. I find men by from men and are a very faithful clientele. Problem is they will not buy as well from women unless they are a regular. I have finally built up a nice men clientele at the market I do now. At my former Friday night market we sold 2:1 men to women and they would almost always buy multiples.

I too find that 40+ are my best customers for the most part. I have quite a few men that are regulars and look for me. They by their years worth of soap/scrubs at one time. I sell more scrubs/lip balm and bath bombs to the younger crowd.

Latest posts

Back