Round Confetti Soap - pic intensive

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
So I finally made my hub cut up the 2" and 3" pvc pipe we had laying around and cleaned it up so I could make confetti soap and here it is from beginning to end! :)

Getting ready - and the pipe itself. 3" diameter - 18" long
001-2.jpg
002-3.jpg

The confetti - these are what I have from bevelling and shredding unwanted bars -
004-3.jpg

In the pot -
007.jpg
005-2.jpg

In the mold -
009.jpg

And because I'm math challenged I "guessed" as to how much the mold would hold, and made a 5lbs (total oil - so even more volume total soap) recipe. So I had to scramble around and try to find something to fit the rest of the soap in. Thought my Kelsei would be perfect, but could only find the bottom and inserts - couldn't find the sides anywhere, so I used my cake silicone mold and a single easter egg mold -
010.jpg

Out of the mold - I put it in the freezer for about 2 hours, then let it sit at rt for about 20 minutes, had my hub use my wooden pusher thing (which I didn't get a pic of) but it came out on the first try! :)
ConfettiSoaps011.jpg

And finally, here they are cut! - I'm so happy about these. I've made confetti soaps before and they are always fun, but this is the first round soap I've made. :)
ConfettiSoaps014.jpg
ConfettiSoaps015.jpg

ConfettiSoaps016.jpg
ConfettiSoaps017.jpg

Let me know what you think. :)
Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to bevel these. :)

Super cute! They almost look like little cakes (I think it's Betty Crocker that has the confetti cake mix I used one year).

Those are some of the best confetti soaps I've ever seen! I'm actually in the process of planning to use my trimmings for a confetti soap as well and looking for inspiration for an FO. Did you scent your soap?

Thank you everone!!
Yes, I did scent it. I usually do Fruit Slices for my confetti soaps, that way it masks any scent remaining from the shreds, but this time I made it Black Raspberry Vanilla...
It must be my imagination because when I smell it, it smells just like Fruit Slices to me. LOL

These look so cheerful!

I noticed you said raspberry vanilla - and it did not discolor!? it sounds like such a great scent for these soaps.

These are awesome! They would be so fun to make with some kind of vanilla-cupcake scent and give away as favors at a birthday party!

green soap said:
These look so cheerful!

I noticed you said raspberry vanilla - and it did not discolor!? it sounds like such a great scent for these soaps.
This is peaks version of BRV - and nope, it doesn't discolor. I don't know what the secret is unless there is just very little vanilla in it.

It does smell really good...

rileylite said:
These are awesome! They would be so fun to make with some kind of vanilla-cupcake scent and give away as favors at a birthday party!
They would, but you have to be careful with vanilla - as it will usually discolor to a dark or even VERY dark brown and totally negate any pretty color you try to get.
Peaks version of BRV doesn't discolor though, so that's why I used it. :)

I totally forgot about that in my excitement! Always happens when I get ideas, thanks for pointing that out or I would have ended up making a bunch of brown confetti bars! haha!

haha - thanks everyone. :)
I showed them to my boss and she loves them and wants 2-3 bars when they are ready. :)
She actually wanted them for her daughters for Easter, but they won't really be ready until the weekend after that - so she has to wait. She doesn't mind.
I just hope this scent sticks. I've heard such good things about it and how it doesn't discolor I haven't really read about its sticking power. I *think* it will... and at least, I *hope* it will. LOL :) :roll:

confetti soaps

First off, let me say that I really like looks of your bars, white with a dash of color from the grated rebatched bars. I usually don’t like my confetti bars because I don’t care for all the “chips” in the soap so having a lot of rebatched sheds to re-use, I try to melt them in a net batch of CP or HP into the new oils on top is the stove. Then stick blend the heck out of the shread/oil mixture to make it smooth. Most of the time I’m successful….lol… then proceed mixing my lye water etc making my new “rebatch bars”.
I like the looks of you so much I’m going to use lighter whiter oils next time keeping my new soap base whit and skip trying to melt all the chips…..
Nice job on those bars jcandle…..
Jerry :wink:

Latest posts

Back