Round almond piggy soap with green M&P embed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seawolfe

Reaction score
Just got a new round mold that worked a treat, and made a green embed with spirulina and my M&P soap. This is an accidental recipe that's become a favorite. I originally made it to use up some almond oil: 65% Lard, 20% almond and 15% coconut. EO is patchouli, and I added sugar to the water before the lye.

It was a slowpoke to trace (soaped cool), was actaually just after emulsion I got bored with stick blending and poured it in a mold. The indigo gave me a pale blue, I was hoping for a brighter blue, but I didn't want to gel and melt the M&P. I do wonder if mixing the indigo with the citric acid water and adding that to the batter was the way to go. Is indigo pH sensitive? Anyway the faded denim goes well with the scent.

Its a slowpoke to harden, and was 3 days before it was hard enough to unmold, but came out easily with the liner and the help of a salmon can.

This is the embed made in my long mold & colored with spirulina.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1428378221.509912.jpg
This is how I had it set up in the mold
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1428378250.340677.jpg
After unmolding:
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1428378408.683769.jpg
Look transparent!
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1428378460.061244.jpg

Last edited:
Seawolfe, how do those plastic flex caps work for soap molds? I've been thinking of getting some PVC pipe and testing that cap versus the "test cap". Do you grease it up or use plastic wrap?

Seawolfe, how do those plastic flex caps work for soap molds? I've been thinking of getting some PVC pipe and testing that cap versus the "test cap". Do you grease it up or use plastic wrap?

I rolled the plastic liner a bit smaller than the tube and placed a piece of parchment paper over it. When I went to insert the liner, it expanded and held the parchment in place as I pushed the liner down. I'm sure there's other ways to line that end, but this worked well.

The flex cap works fabulously, even when I left the hoseclamp untightened so that it could have fallen off, it didn't.

When unmolding, I found that a can of salmon is the perfect size to use as a pusher :)

Latest posts

Back