Reeeeeeeeally soft ungelled soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
All of the soaps I have made so far have gelled, so last night I decided to use a Pringles can for my mold and stick it in the fridge so it wouldn't gel... just to see the difference.

I left it in the fridge all night, and when I took it out this morning to cut it, it's very soft. I used chocolate truffle FO from saveonscents.com and I added about 2 big tablespoons of cocoa powder to it (it was a 2 lb batch) - not sure if that might have caused the softness (when I touch it, it sort of "melts" like chocolate!) Is this because it didn't gel and takes longer to harden up, or is something else wrong?

I made it at about 9pm last night - unmolded at 11am this morning, so it's had about 14 hours to set up. When I've made my other soaps that have gelled they've always been ready to cut at this time.

Is this a gel/non gel thing? When can I expect it to harden up?

It sounds just like when I tried making soap in an empty orange juice carton. The soap was fine, I learned it just need a whole 24 hours til it was hard enough to cut.

it can take several DAYS for ungelled soap to be ready to unmold. time is your friend.

Latest posts

Back