Recent Firsts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donniej

Reaction score
I've been selling since Christmas and in the past 2 weeks I've had several firsts. Nothing major, just strange...

I got paid for a $10 order with a check. I had no problem accepting it, I just thought it was odd.
2 people in the course of a week gave me a tip. I'm just a guy at a table selling soap. I appreciate it but it's still odd.
I had 2 or 3 people haggle with me. I don't mind, especially since they were just looking for a buck off 2 bars. Again, just odd.

Anyone else have something strange happen?

table.jpg

Lol! A tip? Really? Hey I'd take that.

Hmmm...can't really think of anything at the moment but wanted to say your setup looks great! I really like the sign.

So do you just offer 4 kinds of soap? If so, what are they?

I've been really considering cutting down. And really what do we sell the most of? Lavender, Patchouli, OGH and then maybe pick 3 or 5 more. It would be so much easier.

Thanks!
I sell the following, in order of sales (high to low)...
Lemongrass
Clove
Anise
Basil

Clove and Anise are close, I'm not really sure which sells better as I just started making Anise. Basil is a distant 4th. I just started making Lavender, I haven't started selling it yet but I'm pretty optimistic as I've had a lot of people asking for it.

I base all my fragrances on staying power, price and popularity. Although I'd be apprehensive about having too many fragrances at once as too many choices can be confusing.

Yup.... Philadelphia Zoo a few weeks ago. It is by far by best table shot, mostly because it's hard to beat that back drop :D

Oh you'll sell the HECK out of lavender. I'm not a fan of lav and refused to make it. I did and sold out (13 bars) in one weekend. Same thing with patchouli. Can't stand it. But I sell the hey out of both of them. I would almost say that Lav, Patchouli and OGH are probably about 30-40% of sales depending on the season.

Good luck!

Amanda

Back