Rebatching soap in oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DelightSociety

Reaction score
I've got some soap to rebatch but just hate the process and was wondering about rebatching using hot oil.

If say you were melting some oils to make some soap and threw in some pieces of already made soap would the soap melt down in the hot oil?

And could you then add the lye and the amount required would still be the same if you'd never added the extra soap?

Has this been tried before? I was just wondering if it had already been tried and everyone already realised it was not the way to go.

you would NOT include the "already soap" in your lye calculation.

I've not done it quite like that, and I don't think it would melt very much unless you held your oils hot for an extended time (which I don't recommend since I think it promotes oxidation), but I've blended in shredded soap with an SB before. Interesting look.

ive done some soap curls(with pot. peeler)in soap, the peels were already done soap of course. It didnt look the way i had hoped, the shavings were orange and didnt show up too much, oh well. I believe theres someone on here who takes chunks of left over soap and puts it in their new batch, confetti soap i think it was called, i cant remember where i saw it though!

Back