Rebatched and whipped CP "castile" style soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skinny Dipping

Reaction score
Happy Friday Soapers!

Well, I received a new mould yesterday with a "Handmade" imprint. I was very excited and thought I'd make Castile style CP soap. I did a small batch of 405g Olive Oil and 100g Coconut Oil. All went well, reached trace, poured and left for a few hours. Was surprised at how quickly it appeared to set and being impatient tried to demould. It was clearly too early so I left it overnight and tried again this morning. However, in my enthusiasm last night, I didn't press the soap back into the mould and so it was bowed and cracked. "Rebatch" I thought, and chopped it up and put it in the slow cooker on medium with a little water, stirring every 15 minutes or so for about an hour. It melted well, was fairly smooth and thick but looked gloopy and ugly. I wanted pretty! "Whip It" I thought... And so I did, into firm peaks that were super smooth. I filled up my icing bag and started piping into silicone cupcake moulds. Once finished I sprinkled with cosmetic glitter and admired my very pretty white whipped soaps. Just have to wait, more patiently, to demould and cure. I've put a picture of the Soap Project Registry, if you're interested. Wish me luck!

Latest posts

Back