Really weird soft soap/fo situation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittywings

Reaction score
I made a 5 lb batch of gm soap last week, that I split up into 4 different scents at trace... so to be ULTRA-CLEAR, the ONLY difference in all 4 is the FO. I unmolded them straight from the freezer because they slid right out of the molds and I figured I'd try something different. I haven't cut them yet, but they've been on my curing shelves. I've checked on them a few times and everything is hard enough for cutting except one of them which is soft like butter!

I've never had anything like this happen before!

I THINK it's the Green Tea FO from Sweetcakes, but because they're all in the same close quarters, it's hard to distinguish the scents... actually, I know for sure that it's EITHER the Green Tea or Orange Blossom by Peak (I added a teensy bit of micas to the others because the scents were so close I didn't want to confuse them... these were test batches).

I'll report back.

are you sure your soap was evenly mixed and emulsified before you split it off?

That may be the only solution that makes sense, Carebear. It WAS split at a thinner trace than I normally would have done because I was worried about not having time to get the various fo's mixed in time.

Sheesh, all of this because I cooled the water down BEFORE adding my silk (I had to double the recipe to be able to add more lye to dissolve the silk :()

None of it is zapping, but upon further inspection, each block has a different hardness.

Latest posts

Back