Really, really, really mad right now

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madwitch58

Reaction score
:x Two years a go we took in a pair of brothers who had no place to live out of the kindness of our harts. We own alot of land and have a bit of a camp site on it so friends can camp out with out going to far from home to do so. First one of the brothers goes off his meds and threaten us with a machete. We ended up at a friends house calling the cops to get this guy. then his brother leaves and leaves his broke down truck at our place till a few weeks ago.
Here's the kicker. Over time we have been finding many of my Husbands books are missing, now just as I was getting ready to make my first batch of soap the scales that my Husband use to use when he made his prop molds, two good scales,are gone. It does not take Sherlock Holmes to know that the other brother a stoner we found out latter took the missing things, to sell or use.
I am soooooooo mad right now I can't even think right. Now we have to buy new scales before I can make my soap.

I know this doesn't really help, but you can get a postal scale at walmart for about $20. Check the kitchen gadgets section and the shipping section. They measure in grams, which works for most applications. I saw they came out with a new one that weighs up to 10lbs, vs mine (couple years old) which only weighs up to 3lbs. I've been debating on buying the new one, and just using the old one as back up.
I'm really sorry to hear that you got the crap end of the stick after offering your place up for these boys. Some people just never appreciate anything.

That's sad that you try to help people and they abuse your trust and generosity. I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope you won't have any further problems from them.

Its difficult when stuff like this happens. But we learn from everything... maybe these were the types of people who werent yet ready to help themselves... in that case it doesn't matter what you do for them. Sometiems with people like that the best thing to do is to let them suffer and hit bottom so they will want to take some positive action. We recently had a relative who got out of jail again and went to every one of our houses asking to stay. We all said no because all she ever did was steal from us, bring hoodlums around and just be poison in our lives. She died of accidental drug overdose that night we turned her away. Its really hard to cope with people like that and the trouble they bring on yourself and themselves. I always struggle with tactfully declining to help someone or say "no". I hope the bloke with the machete doesn't have any children who are now going to be affected by the fact their father is a felon who can't get a decent job.

Twisted Wick said:
some people are professional takers and nothing you do to help will change their behaviour...

I know some professional takers, they suck big time :(

Latest posts

Back