Re-setting your skin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have really dry flaky skin, it would get so dry that I would even get chapping on my legs in winter. I started making my own MP soap and it seemed to get a lot better, and then I got really ambitious and started making CP soap where I controlled everything that went into the soap. It was like a religious conversion, I could never go back to commercial. Since then I can even go a few days without lotioning - I dont even ash. I like the moisturising effect and my skin has never been better. Maybe if you have naturally, self- moisturising skin, you could experience a 'build-up' of sorts, but the Crocodiles like me lurrrrrv the conditioning effects of handmade soap. That said though, to each his own!

NO desire to return to commercial soap here either. I left all the bars of a multi-pack I had at the fire station for someone ELSE to use up once I tried my handmade soap. I too was an "ashy" flaky person, and I have not needed lotion now either.

Store bought makes my skin itch really bad, so greatful that I started making my own soaps. My family don't want to use anything but homemade, I guess they are spoiled :lol: .

alwaysme07 said:
Store bought makes my skin itch really bad, so greatful that I started making my own soaps. My family don't want to use anything but homemade, I guess they are spoiled :lol: .

Ditto! DH tells everyone he threw away his store bought & won't use anything but my handmade. When his bar starts getting thin, he's asking for more. :lol:

I'd never consider using a commercial soap again. I use only my own liquid soap in the shower and have never noticed any kind of buildup or residue on my skin. No more itchies! No more dryness! :D

Amen! My legs always itched so much I looked like I'd been attacked by a cat! Haven't had any itching since switching to handmade soaps, and I forget to use lotion most of the time cuz I don't need it anymore. One of the things that got me going on making my own. Thanks to all of you great soapers out there, I now have ANOTHER addiction.....besides quilting, gardening, cooking, etc. etc.

Back