re:gel and heat

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fionab

Reaction score
Hi There everyone

I am new to the forum and very new to soap making.

I have a newbie question and would be grateful for any suggestions. I have made a few coloured CP batches. Problem is they look mottled and glassy and my colours are all messed up.

Is this the gel phase doing this? Are my temperatures all wrong?

Please help.

whats your recipe? so you are doing cp? your colors will change as they gel, then as they cool change again, and some as they cure can get darker, esp if they have any vanilla in the fo. what kind of color dye are you using? some, like the cheap michaels stuff, doesnt stay the same, like red turns soap pink, blue, maybe gray, etc.

Thanks for replying.

I tend to use oxide and lake powders which I then dilute in water or the soap batter. I don't mind the colours getting a little darker it's just this funny mottled look that is weird.

I would like to gel enough so that i can preserve my swirls without the soda ash but not so much that the soap goes funny.

I'd be grateful for antytips.

like spots of color? can u send pic? is it disolved enough, i havent had too much probs with color, i mix my powder with the fo,then add to pot at trace.

A close up pic in focus would definately get you a lot of ideas...

(that would make a great thread/game - name that soap dilemma, post pictures of the questionable bars... would make a great link to reference peeopl in the future to, no?)

Yes will post pics. Good idea.

Need to get batteries for camera though and baby is screaming her head off.

Thanks guys.

Pics coming post haste.

Luv Ya

Latest posts

Back