Quick Laundry Soap Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverFox

Reaction score
I was wanting to grate one of my bars to mix with borax and washing soda. However, the only bars I have are ones made with charcoal (it has one layer white soap, layer of charcoal colored, white, then charcoal) and one with moroccan red clay (same layered set up). The charcoal layered one has more coconut oil so I was thinking of using that one, BUT will the charcoal stain the clothes?

I'm not sure, but imagine it might give a gray tinge to your laundry?
I made laundry soap for a while, usually using Energy fragranced bars or rose bars. Never used anything with an intense colorant like that. I wouldn't take the risk....but maybe someone else knows for sure?
On the other hand....how does it lather? If it doesn't lather gray, it shouldn't turn gray in the laundry either. Good question.

Good point about the lather. It doesn't lather gray, but I'm still afraid lol. I suppose I could slice the soap and just use the white parts. I want to make a 100% coconut oil soap for laundry soap, but I've been out of coconut for a while and the budget is pretty tight with a little one on the way. I really should just buy some more CO since laundry detergent is getting ridiculously expensive.

Any money you put into the CO would drastically make up for whatever you would have put into the commercial detergent. ;) Or even a fels naptha or Ivory bar...

bettacreek said:
Any money you put into the CO would drastically make up for whatever you would have put into the commercial detergent. ;) Or even a fels naptha or Ivory bar...

Oh I know. I just need to order it :)

Ah! :/ Our local Walmart has it, so I tend to forget that not everyone can just mosey on over to the store and buy it.

bettacreek said:
Ah! :/ Our local Walmart has it, so I tend to forget that not everyone can just mosey on over to the store and buy it.

Ours probably does too, but I think it comes out cheaper ordering a gallon-ish online.

Latest posts

Back