Question on infusions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msalex28a

Reaction score
I am looking to make a coconut lip balm using natural ingredients. There is a shop on etsy that uses all organic things and says she makes her own coconut essence. She says there's no alcohol in it and that it's more than just the coconut oil. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Is it possible to steep a raw coconut in olive to bring out the flavor?

Sorry I posted this in the bath and body section but then saw the herbal section.

Do you have a link to the site? Maybe it'll give us some insight on what they're doing to achieve what you're trying to do.

That's what I thought but she told me there is no alcohol in it and she makes it herself. I bought some and they are very coconuty.

You can buy virgin unrefined coconut oil, which is supposed to taste a bit like coconuts. But it's not recommended to use in products that could be ingested because it hasn't been refined to clean it out. I'm assuming that's what they're using.

Also, I don't see anywhere on their etsy site or regular site that shows their USDA Organic Certification. Without that, you can not claim that your products are organic. Organic honey is almost nonexistent, so if they are using it in their products, I'd expect the products to be more expensive. :?

Yes I tried the organic extra virgin coconut oil but it didn't give me the coconuty scent.
Thanks for your help though!!

Latest posts

Back