Question about soap calc

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justjen

Reaction score
Ok....I figured out a "pretend" recipe, how do you know how much water to add to your lye using this figure they gave you (this is with 160z of oils)

Total oil weight 1
Water as percent of oil weight 38
Super Fat/Discount 5
Lye Concentration 27.9059
Water : Lye Ratio 2.5835:1

Total oil weight 1
Water as percent of oil weight 38
Super Fat/Discount 5
Lye Concentration 31.4181
Water : Lye Ratio 2.1829:1
Sat : Unsat Ratio 89 : 11
Iodine 10
INS 258
Fragrance Ratio 0
Fragrance Weight 0 Oz

Ingredient Pounds Ounces Grams
Water 0.38 6.08 172.365
Lye - NaOH 0.174 2.785 78.962

# √ Oil/Fat % Pounds Ounces Grams
1 Coconut (92 deg, (solid) 100 1 16 453.592
Totals 0 1 16 453.592

Hardness 29 - 54 79
Cleansing 12 - 22 67
Conditioning 44 - 69 10
Bubbly 14 - 46 67
Creamy 16 - 48 12
Iodine 41 - 70 10
INS 136 - 165 258
Lauric 48
Myristic 19
Palmitic 9
Stearic 3
Ricinoleic 0
Oleic 8
Linoleic 2
Linolenic 0

Additives Notes

i dont know what your oils are but when i did a 1lb recipe for coconut. then calculate the recipe it shows this on the next page as a table. on that table it shows the water in different options. :arrow: :arrow:

One day I am going to make a video tut on Soap Calc for my Blog and YT Channel - I am a visual learner - and I think it might help someone like me. I really struggled with SoapCalc before someone kindly told me that I had to click print/view recipe to see how much I needed for everything. Now I cant stop making "pretend recipes", infact today at work - one of my students asked me if was playing a PC game - cos I kept getting all excited about the cool recipes was coming up with on SoapCalc!

tincanac said:
One day I am going to make a video tut on Soap Calc for my Blog and YT Channel - I am a visual learner - and I think it might help someone like me. I really struggled with SoapCalc before someone kindly told me that I had to click print/view recipe to see how much I needed for everything. Now I cant stop making "pretend recipes", infact today at work - one of my students asked me if was playing a PC game - cos I kept getting all excited about the cool recipes was coming up with on SoapCalc!

A tut is a great idea! I struggled with it too. Even now, some of it is greek to me.

Ahhh! I see it now!

Im having fun making recipes LOL. Even tho I have NO clue on what Im doing but its kinda nice to see what will work vs what wont

When SoapCalc upgraded its whole site about a month ago or so, it totally freaked me out that it didn't show me the amounts that I needed to use on the first page like it used to do. At first I thought to myself, 'What kind of a wonky upgrade is this?!', until out of curiosity I clicked on the View/Print button and breathed a heavy sigh of relief to see everything I needed to see and then some!

IrishLass :)

I really like how it all comes up after the view/print as well.
It's nice to have that sheet handy. I cut it out, write the date and any fragrances I use in the notes section and keep it with the soap while it cures.
Handy incase you forget what's in everything you've got ha

Latest posts

Back