Question about Etsy Shop

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dixie

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can add items to your store alone, without 'Listing' it into circulation?

No, everything in your shop is searchable through etsy.

What would the reason be for not wanting it to be?

Jus that I could fill the store. When people click on your item if you have a lot in your store they are likely to browse there for a while.

Anyway, thanks tabitha;)

If you are new to Etsy, which is sounds like you are, don't worry about having a full shop. Just list as you go. What this does for you is keeps you at the top of the listings for a much longer period of time.

I would recommend putting a notice in your shop that you will be adding new things over the next couple of weeks - this should get people coming back. But what REALLY keeps them interested is that you will have something new at the top of the listings each day that you list something.

Some people list something every day just for that very reason. What happens if you list it all at once is you lose your multiple days of top of the listing exposure.

Even after someone has their shop fully stocked, some sellers recommend re-listing an item every day, regardless of whether or not it is going to expire. If you did this every day for a month -- keeping your shop with an item at the top of the listings every day -- it still would cost you only $6.00. That is EXTREMELY cheap advertising to be out in front of your customer base.

Just food for thought. Personally, when I took time to do this, it worked. However, I wasn't always the most diligent and let my shop sit there without much promotion because I had so many other things on my plate. I'm hoping to devote more quality activities and time to my Etsy store this time.

You will probably note that after you list something you get lots of view and then it kind of dies off after a while. This is the "top of the listing" phenomenon.

Good luck!

Good advice alamode!

You could also make your 1st cople of listing "choose your scent" listings. EX of a title 4oz bar of shea butter CP soap, choose your fa scent. Then in the description you can list all of your great scents. That way even though you only have a few items listed, they represent a greater variety.

Once you have sold 1 item, you can use the relsit button to duplicate your listing & just change smal details. It may be helpful if you had a friend (or forum buddy) purchase your 1 item listed so you can just hit relist-relist-relist & save tons of time writing the details of each & every listing over & over again.

Thanks you guys. I appreciate the advice and help. I've been at it for two days. No purchases yet but I'm not too worried about it...yet;)

Latest posts

Back