Pumpkin Soap! Batch #4

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love it! The side view made me really thik it was as lice of pumpkin pie. Yum! Awesome work for just your 4th batch. :)

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Very awesome and very beautiful indeed! Great job! I didn't have anything that pretty after a couple of years! You're totally a natural artist (and definitely a soapmaker ) :)

Beautiful! Good one!

btw, I have never been able to cut a loaf of soap straight away after its thawed. Its always WAY too soft still since its going through the process slower. I always have to wait a couple of days while it sits out and firms up.

wow...just made my 5th soap. have to say, my 4th one was a bust compared to this! so beautiful!

Thank you for all of the compliments!

I am making a cedar and saffron soap tonight hopefully a green and white column swirl. Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Good choice on the FO. BB Pumpkin Spice will only darken your soap to a cream color so with the pumpkin puree and the yellow oxide you've added your soap color won't change much. I just used that FO in my pumpkin soap and have my fingers crossed that it lasts.
Yes it will last. I have used the same fragrance for 3 yrs now in my pumpkin soap. Tumeric powder or EO works great for a natural yellow colorant and pumpkin flakes give a nice orangey mixed with annato if anyone wants natural colorants for pumpkin soap.

Your pumpkin soap looks beautiful. To stop gel I put my soap in the freezer for 2-3 hours. This does not freeze them and I can remove from the mold the next day. Lye will stay very active in frozen soap for 72 hours. I do freeze some very heavy heaters, such as honey and neem soaps.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on the BB Pumpkin spice FO Carolyn! I've never used it before and can't always trust some of the reviews.

Latest posts

Back