Pumpkin Soap! Batch #4

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesoapmom

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1380323001.617967.jpg

In the freezer hoping to bypass gel phase (what else do I need to know about that?? How long do I leave it in? When can I cut etc.?)

This is my 4th batch of soap and I can't wait to cut it!

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Last edited:
Looks good! leave it in the freezer for 24 hours then put it in the fridge for a few hours so it can thaw slow. Once its up to room temp you should be able to cut.

How long should I leave it in the fridge to thaw then? Or can I put it in the freezer for 12 maybe then 12 in the fridge?

How long should I leave it in the fridge to thaw then? Or can I put it in the freezer for 12 maybe then 12 in the fridge?

That would probably work fine. I don't know if most people thaw in the fridge or not but when I try and thaw at room temp I get a lot of condensation.

I don't freeze soap but do the fridge. Other products I do use the freezer and always get condensation if I go straight to room temp.

Looks gorgeous!!

I'm ridiculous and impatient. I think I avoided gel phase. I moved it to the fridge but not before peeling it apart a little and taking a peak ;-)

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1380329233.219875.jpg

That previous pic didn't show the uniformity of the color. Better pic:
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1380330046.664856.jpg

OMG that is beautiful, looks just like pumpkin pie, it is making me hungry!

I don't do pumpkin myself but that looks beautiful. That's only your 3rd or 4th batch?? Very nice!!

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Yes my 4th!! I am proud of myself. Sorry to toot my own horn ;)

If I could make soap like that I'd brag too! Great job

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Luckily I made 2 loafs of pumpkin bread before I made this otherwise I may have tried eating it.

Your soap looks great! I can't believe that it's only your 4th batch. It looks better than my 20th or 30th! Maybe even my 50th because I just don't think I'd be able to do the beautiful piping like yours! Did you use a FO? If so, which one?

I used BB Pumpkin Spice. I also used yellow oxide (on the heavy side) for color.
I used titanium dioxide for the white topping, and mixed it until it was thick trace so it would work like frosting better.
I am surprised this worked though honestly. First time using colorants or the piping thing. I am pretty sure it was luck.

I used BB Pumpkin Spice. I also used yellow oxide (on the heavy side) for color.
I used titanium dioxide for the white topping, and mixed it until it was thick trace so it would work like frosting better.
I am surprised this worked though honestly. First time using colorants or the piping thing. I am pretty sure it was luck.

Good choice on the FO. BB Pumpkin Spice will only darken your soap to a cream color so with the pumpkin puree and the yellow oxide you've added your soap color won't change much. I just used that FO in my pumpkin soap and have my fingers crossed that it lasts.

I was really hoping the yellow oxide would help the color issue from the FO. I researched as much as I could about it then just decided to go for it. I only used 23 oz of oil if it gets screwed up anyhow.

Latest posts

Back